Attorney Brian S. Nelson
Brian Nelson has been practicing personal injury law for over 20 years. He has obtained many seven figure verdicts and settlements on personal injury cases. He is a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) and the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. He is an aggressive trial attorney whose goal is to maximize the amount of damages recovered for victims and to ensure that proper changes are made so that accidents do not reoccur.
Mr. Nelson specializes in personal injury/accident litigation. His office concentrates on motor vehicle accidents, premises liability, slip and fall accidents, wrongful death, as well as all types of product defect cases. He is well known for his expertise in cases involving excessive force by security guards and bouncers, inadequate security and assault and battery.
On a personal note, Brian Nelson comes from a family of lawyer/athletes. His father, Richard Nelson, was the senior partner at the largest firm in Bellevue, Washington for many years. His brother Eric Nelson, a former University of Washington basketball player, heads his own firm in Seattle, Washington. He was named the Washington Lawyer/Athlete of the Year. His brother Peter Nelson practices law in San Marino, California and is a Certified Wine Specialist and owns a wine shop in Pasadena. He ran the Paris Marathon and is an avid tennis and basketball player. 6 foot 5 inch Brian was on the Pepperdine Team that won the Schick Superhoops Competition. His Lawyer League Teams consistently won the Landau Lawyers Basketball League. He is also a serious mountain biker and snowboard/skier. His work ethic and competitive spirit will get you the top recovery in your case.
- Supreme Court of California, January 1989
- United States District Court, June 1989
- Supreme Court of the United States of America, 2006
- Seattle Preparatory High School, graduated in 3 years
- Washington State University, Bachelor of Arts, Political Science
- Pepperdine University Law School, J.D., Juris Doctor
- Law School Honors: Dean’s Merit Scholarship
- California State Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Santa Monica Bar Association
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- American Board of Trial Attorneys (ABOTA)
- Consumer Attorneys of Los Angeles
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- Delta Theta Phi Law Fraternity
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum