FACTS: Plaintiff was rear-ended by a vehicle operated by defendant. The impact pushed the plaintiff into the car ahead of him. Plaintiff sued defendant for negligent operation of a vehicle. Defendant denied full liability.
INJURIES: Plaintiff claimed injuries to his neck and back. He drove himself to the emergency room following the accident. He received epidural injections to his lower back and underwent an anterior cervical discectomy with plating one year after the accident. He continued to suffer from residual pain and discomfort in his neck and back. Defendant claimed that the injuires to his back and neck were pre-existing.
RESULT: The parties negotiated a settlement. Our client received $493,200 as part of the settlement.
Verdicts and Settlements
$493,200 Settlement: Injured Neck and Back Due to Rear End Collision
- $4,340,632 Verdict: Severe Injuries Sustained While Riding on a Sport Utility Vehicle
- $850,000 Settlement: Product liability and negligence against Los Angeles City Bus
- $800,000 Settlement: Injuries Sustained While Operating a Forklift
- $500,000 Settlement: Premises Liability Lawsuit for Wrongful Death
- $493,200 Settlement: Injured Neck and Back Due to Rear End Collision
- $450,000 Settlement: Injuries to Neck Due to Slip and Fall Case
- $300,000 Settlement: Pedestrian Struck by Car in Crosswalk
- $198,000 Settlement: Rear End Collision in Los Angeles
Los Angeles ~ Main Office
1801 Century Park East, 9th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90067
View Larger Map